Deputy injured in self-inflicted shooting | News
ENGLISH, IN (WAVE) – Indiana State Police say a Crawford County deputy sheriff is being treated after he shot himself inside his home.
According to an ISP press release, Deputy Jesse Belcher, 26, was found around 2:30 a.m. Friday after a fellow deputy became concerned about his welfare.
Within the hour before he was found, ISP said Belcher had phoned another deputy. The two talked for a few minutes and Belcher hung up. When the other deputy called Belcher back, he got no answer. Two Crawford County deputies sent to Belcher's home on Benham Mill Road found that he had shot himself in the head with a handgun.
Belcher was taken to University Hospital in Louisville for treatment. His condition has not been released.
State police are investigating the incident.
Copyright 2013 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top Southwest Indiana Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Duke Energy selects five Indiana properties for potential industrial, business development
- Charlestown police search for missing teen
- Smokin' on the River BBQ, Blues and Brew kicks off in Jeffersonville
- I-65 lane closures in Clark County
- Smokin' on the River BBQ, Blues and Brews Festival to be held in Jeffersonville